Pre-order Starts: February 11, 2013 9 a.m. PT
Pre-order Ends: March 4, 2013 9 a.m. PT
Standing solitary in the desolate lands of Eternia®, the legendary Castle Grayskull® offers sanctuary for He-Man® and those who stand for all that is good. An essential component in the original Masters of the Universe® toy line, this long-awaited icon is available for pre-order now, shipping in late 2013. Whether you’re a dedicated fan of the original series or new to the Classics line, no collection will truly be complete without Castle Grayskull®!
- It’s Castle Grayskull®!
- Ideally, the set will include everything shown in the initial sculpt and in the “B sheet” product drawings to the left, but please remember these are working drawings and aren’t final yet.
- If produced, this will be the largest, most ambitious MOTUC item ever made – the dimensions are expected to be somewhere around 25”h x 26”w x 28”d (subject to change).
- Castle Grayskull will be nestled safely in a closed box featuring all new art by Rudy Obrero, the very same artist who created the original box art (as well as the MOTUC Wind Raider and Granymyr™ box art)!
- The overall sculpt will be based on the original 1981 prototype, with the addition of an extra battle ledge, elongated jaw/face, a removable minaret on top of the dome and more!
- Just like the vintage toy, it will be a two-sided foldout but there will be three levels to show off your MOTUC figures (in scale with most of our 6.5” figures). The vintage set only had two levels, but we’ve added another across the top for maximum display options.
- Two secret doors – the first, a traditional door that opens out the back, and the second one, a secret brick wall that exits to the outside ledge.
- Trap door leading to the dungeon (of course) that has an opening door, plus “locks” and chains to hold one figure.
- Throne fits most 6.5” MOTUC figures – who will rule your Castle Grayskull®?
- Bat wing jet pack and training device were both cut from the vintage prototype and finally get a chance at production!
- Working elevator like the ‘81 prototype had, but we’ve added back the red skull on top that was cut. The elevator goes to all three levels, not just two levels like vintage toy.
- Real opening Jawbridge just like you remember, only cooler!
- Have Wind Raider? The playset will include an attachment so you can be ready for air-battle at a moment’s notice (and create a complete diorama).
- Secret Orb room is hidden inside the dome.
- Removable ladder to the roof leads to a blaster and the flag of Castle Grayskull®.
- Carrying handle is optional for easy transport or clean display.
- Did we mention… it’s Castle Grayskull®!
- Everyone who pre-orders is guaranteed to receive a playset when it’s released later this year.
- This is the final pre-order opportunity – it ends on 3/4 at 9 a.m. PT and will not be extended or offered again. Some sets will be available on MattyCollector.com after pre-orders are fulfilled, but the price will be significantly higher and you won’t be guaranteed to get one. If you want one, a pre-order is the best way to ensure you get it.
- When you place your pre-order, the card you used will be “pre-authorized” for a zero dollar amount. This pre-authorization simply verifies that the card is valid. You will NOT be charged until the item ships, at which time you’ll be billed for the product, shipping costs, and any taxes/fees.
- Please note that because this item is so large, shipping charges will be substantially higher than items we normally sell.
- This item is scheduled for late 2013 shipment. We’ll send an email reminder about a month before the product is scheduled to ship. If you need to change your address or credit card information at that time, you’ll have plenty of notice.
- Please note: Orders placed between 2/11 and 3/4 will not receive an exclusive cross-sell poster or voting rights for the packaging. Those two benefits are included only with pre-orders placed prior to 1/4.
One last thing… because this is a work-in-progress, features may be added or removed from the proposed design, but we can’t confirm anything now. We’re seriously as excited as you are by the prospect of finally having a Castle Grayskull® playset and Mattel will do everything to ensure we deliver as much value as possible!
You must be 18 or older to purchase this product.